What is The Average Rubber Roofing Shingles Cost?
Recycled rubber roofing is the innovative way to save the environment as well as homeowners’ money. Rubber shingles are made from recycled materials such as tires, slate dust, saw dust, plastic bags, etc. Unlike standard wooden and slate ones, the rubber roofing shingles cost is quite affordable.
In contrast to traditional roofing materials recycled shingles are very economical. Apart from that, rubber roofing is more resistant to adverse weather conditions. In most cases manufacturers offer 30 years warranties based on the level of durability of their production.
Rubber roofing shingles prices
In fact, the cost of rubber roofing varies depending on the selected materials, complexity of the installation, your location and other factors.
- Usually rubber roof shingles cost about $4.00 – $8.00 per ft². For example, if the surface area of your roof is 1,500 ft², be ready to pay $6,000 – $12,000.
- Single-ply rubber roofing usually costs $2.50 – $5.00 per ft². However, the price may rise up to $10.00 or more per ft² due to a tricky installation and high-end materials. Thus, a 1,500 ft² roof, for instance, will cost you about $4,000 – $15,000.
- Rubber roofing can be installed over the existing covering. If removing of the old coat is necessary, this will add $1.00 – $2.00 per ft² to the total cost.
Other benefits of cost-effective roof shingles
If you are considering using this economical material, you may want to get more information about other benefits of recycled roofing.
The list of advantages includes:
- Price. Although rubber roof shingles resemble traditional ones, they are much cheaper. If you are interested in quality cost-effective materials, rubber plates would be the ideal solution.
- Durability. Not only are rubber roof shingles cheaper, but they are also durable enough. Recycled roofing is extremely strong, flexible and sturdy. As a rule, the warranty on this material can be more than 30 years. Though, in some cases manufactures offer long-lasting warranties up to 50 years.
- Eco-friendly. Rubber roofing is completely recyclable. It is made from recycled materials grounded into powder and shaped into the shingle. Therefore, it is an ideal choice for those homeowners who are environmental conscious. Besides, rubber roof shingles are cold and heat resistant. In addition, they will protect your house from ultraviolet radiation.
- Easy installation and low maintenance. You will install rubber shingles without much difficulty due to their unique structure. With the help of an ordinary utility knife you will easily cut and shape the plate to fit any space and corner. In addition, rubber shingles are easy to handle and light weight.
Though the shingle may tear or fall off due to the rubber contracting or expanding, it can be easily repaired with the use of some adhesive. In case of splits you may use a rubber liquid sealant. As a result, apart from affordable rubber roofing shingles prices you will get a number of other advantages.
In this page you can find the main manufacturers of rubber roofing.